It is always encouraging to see good companies prosper without compromising their ideals or standards of business. One of the best local coffee roasters in the Del-Mar-Va region is Chesapeake Bay Roasting Company. Their efforts to restore the Chesapeake Bay are praise worthy but there is more to it than mere monetary efforts.
The company is a model for clean business practices:
– USDA Organic, RainForest Alliance Certified Fair Trade Coffee
– Chemical-Free Swiss Water Process for Decaf
– 100% Wind Powered roasting facility
– Hybrid coffee roaster reducing 80% of emissions, 20% reduction in fuel consumption using roasting chaff as a fuel source
– Coffee distributed in locally produced 100% recyclable steel. The steel retail cans are easier to recycle with more steel being recycled than glass, paper, aluminum and plastic
combined. Plus the steel cans can be repurposed for other household uses.
– Biodegradable food service packaging – an industry first
– Environmentally friendly vegetable-based inks for printing on recycled paper
– Encourage employees to volunteer with H2O Initiative partners where they feel a personal connection
– Through the H2O Initiative 2% of gross sales on every product goes to support a community of organizations making a measurable impact to the health of the Chesapeake Bay watershed.
Oh and they produce some pretty darn good coffee to boot!
Navy Athletics Partnership
Chesapeake Bay Roasting Company (CBRC) Coffee is now proud to be the Preferred Premium Coffee of Navy Athletics. With a focus on creating strong local partnerships, Chesapeake Bay Roasting Company premium coffees will be offered as part of a game day selection for guests enjoying the suite-level experience at Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium during the 2014 athletic season.
In addition Chesapeake Bay Roasting Company has included exclusive savings on their coffee products sold at local retailers through the Navy home game program. Additionally, on November 15th, Chesapeake Bay Roasting Company will sample free coffee at Navy Fest activities leading up to the Navy vs. Georgia Southern game.
“We know that Navy Athletics represent the highest standards and we believe our coffee does as well. Navy and Chesapeake Bay Roasting Company coffee, it is a perfect fit,” according to Sterling Crockett, CEO of Chesapeake Bay Roasting Company.
For every cup of coffee sold during Navy events and anywhere CBRC coffee is sold, Chesapeake Bay Roasting Company will donate a portion to restoration efforts for the Chesapeake Bay.
Chesapeake Bay Roasting Company serves more than 300 food service clients and can be found in more than 130 grocery and specialty markets including select Whole Foods, Wegmans, Safeway, Giant, Roots and other independent retailers.
SOURCE Chesapeake Bay Roasting Company