If cupcakes are one of your favorite snacks, you’d do well to invest in a cupcake maker.
Imagine being able to make these scrumptious treats in your kitchen!
Are homemade cupcakes healthier?
There’s no doubt that making cupcakes at home can be healthier because you can choose low-fat and low-sugar ingredients.
You’ll also be able to go to town with your cupcake recipes. With that in mind, let’s explore the best cupcake maker: enjoy delicious treats at home like never before.
Best Cupcake Maker – Reviews & Buying Guide
Best Overall: Babycakes CC-12 Full Size Cupcake Maker
If you’re hosting a party, you’ll want to ensure you get your hands on this Babycakes cupcake maker. Here’s why it’s one of the best on the market.
- This cupcake maker has non-stick baking plates to make the process of baking cupcakes much easier.
- It’s got a latching lid that fits comfortably.
- This cupcake maker will ensure you can enjoy eating delicious cupcakes in just eight minutes or less!
- Since you don’t have to worry about using your oven to bake cupcakes, this best jumbo electric cupcake maker is easy to use – even the kids will be able to use it!
- People who have purchased this Babycakes cupcake maker have reported that they’ve used it to make other foods, such as brownies and sunny-side-up eggs.
- You’ll have to ensure that you use liners when baking cupcakes in this cupcake maker as it’s not easy to clean.
- Some people who have bought this cupcake maker have said that a buzzer would have been a good design addition as it’s easy to burn the cupcakes if you don’t keep a steady eye on the cupcake maker’s lights.
Runner Up: Dash DDM007 Mini Donut Maker Machine
Although this is a donut maker, you can easily make cupcakes with it. Here’s what to know about it.
- This donut maker has an auto-shut off feature that prevents your baked goods from being overcooked.
- It also has a buzzer that will notify you when your donuts or cupcakes are ready.
- It’s got a non-stick surface that makes your cleaning chores less stressful.
- It’s small and compact, so it won’t take up a lot of valuable kitchen counter space.
- This appliance has non-stick feet so that it won’t wobble around during use, therefore being safe enough for kids to use.
- It comes with a recipe guide for over 50 cakes and glazes to help you get started.
- You have to flip the donuts or other baked goods you’re making halfway through the cooking process.
- If you’re filling baked goods, make sure you work quickly. As soon as you put the batter into the machine it will start cooking it.
Alternative: Holstein Housewares Non-Stick Maker
This is another versatile cupcake maker that you can use to create a variety of delicious treats and food. You can enjoy cupcakes, pizza cups, corn dog cups, and more!
- It has a bright indicator light to inform you of when the cupcake maker is switched on, preheated, and when it’s ready to cook.
- It can be stored vertically when not in use, therefore saving you on valuable kitchen space.
- It has a safety lock and a non-slip base. These features ensure it won’t move around during the cooking process.
- For easy clean-up after breakfast, this cupcake maker has a non-stick coating.
- You don’t have to spend hours in the kitchen making delicious baked goods for your family. This cupcake maker will make your cupcakes within seven minutes!
- Some people who have purchased this cupcake maker have reported that its exterior gets quite hot.
Alternative: Brentwood Mini Cupcake Maker Machine
If you love the idea of making mini cupcakes, this cupcake maker is a must to purchase. Here’s what you should know.
- This cupcake maker makes seven mini cupcakes in just seven minutes.
- It’s got a non-stick coating on its plates to make it easy to use and pull out your cupcakes when they’re ready.
- This cupcake maker comes with power as well as pre-heat indicator lights.
- It has a cable wrap and vertical feet, both of which enable you to store the appliance upright. It’s perfect for tiny kitchens.
- You’re not limited to making mini cupcakes with this appliance. You can make a variety of other treats, such as muffins.
- The appliance comes with a recipe guide included.
- If this best mini cupcake maker overheats, it will automatically shut off.
- Some people who have purchased this cupcake maker have said that the tops of the cupcakes don’t brown well.
Alternative: Hello Kitty Cupcake Maker
If you’re a Hello Kitty fan or you have kids, you’ll adore this cute cupcake maker. Here’s what to know about it and if it’s worth adding to your kitchen.
- This kids cupcake maker makes four cupcakes – two large and two small.
- What’s special about these cupcakes is that they look like Hello Kitty faces. They’re perfect for events such as birthday parties and baby showers.
- This cupcake maker has both power and pre-heat light indicators so you’ll know when it’s hot and ready for use.
- This Hello Kitty cupcake maker has a non-stick surface so you don’t have to worry about cleaning up after using it.
- It has a cool-touch exterior handle. This makes it safe for kids to use, so it’s the perfect gift for a young baker in the making.
- It’s small and compact so it doesn’t take up a lot of space.
- You’ll have to take some time to learn how to perfect your Hello Kitty cupcakes. As some people who’ve purchased this cupcake maker have said, if you use too much batter it will run down the sides of the appliance while using too little will not give you the Hello Kitty image on your cupcakes.
Cupcake Maker FAQ
Now that we’ve featured the best cupcake makers on the market, let’s explore some important tips to help you make amazing cupcakes that taste delicious every time.
How do I make my cupcakes look professional?
If you want to try to sell your cupcakes or you’re just eager to make professional-looking cupcakes at home, there are some important tips you should follow.
- Avoid using cupcake mixes. Although convenient, cupcake mixes you buy from the store will limit you in terms of flavor and they won’t allow you to make cupcakes that are as delicious as those made from batter. However, if you want to use a mix, such as if you don’t have time to make your own cupcake batter from scratch, replace the water for buttermilk and add extra flavor, such as in the form of vanilla extract.
- Make your own cupcake frosting. What’s a cupcake without frosting? You should avoid store-bought frosting as it’s usually very sweet without tasting of much else. There are tons of recipes online that will help you to make your own frosting, and they take mere minutes to make. Usually, you only need a few ingredients. For example, when it comes to buttercream frosting, you’ll only need powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and butter.
- Use a piping bag for the frosting. This will give your cupcakes those beautiful swirls in the frosting that you see in bakeries, and it’s guaranteed to make your cupcakes look so much more professional.
- Make them look the same. You want your cupcakes to be the same size as this will ensure that they look professional. A cupcake maker can help you in this regard as you’ll find it easier to get the right amount of batter every time.
- Add a filling. A delicious cupcake filling will take your cupcakes from good to great, and make your friends think you’ve bought them from a pro. To add a filling to your cupcakes, use a knife to carefully remove the cupcake center and fill the cupcake with a filling of your choice, such as caramel or chocolate.
Why do cupcakes get sticky on top?
Have you ever noticed how cupcakes can become sticky on top?
This is caused by the sugar in the cupcakes interacting with the air. Since sugar attracts water, in humid conditions the sugar will draw more water from the air, resulting in stickiness.
To prevent this from happening, you should make cupcakes with white sugar instead of brown sugar. This is because brown sugar draws more water to it.
Never store your cupcakes when they’re still warm. Always let them cool down first. It’s also a good tip to store them in the fridge so that they can dry well before they’re packed away.
How can I make my cupcakes more moist?
Dry cupcakes are always a disappointment, but you can prevent them by following these important tips:
- Avoid overmixing your batter. You want air bubbles in the batter as these will make your cupcakes light, airy, and moist.
- Be mindful of cooking times. If you’re cooking smaller cupcakes in the oven, don’t bake them for longer than 10 minutes. Or, invest in a mini cupcake maker as this will ensure you don’t overcook them.
- Get the right ingredient quantities. If you put too much of a dry ingredient in the cupcake recipe, such as cocoa, this will cause the cupcakes to become dry.
- Mix ingredients when they’re at room temperature. If you’re using ingredients such as milk or butter when they’re straight out of the fridge, this will prevent them from combining well with the dry ingredients, which can cause the cupcakes to become dense and dry.
- Remove your cupcakes from their pan to cool. When you’ve pulled the baking pan out of the oven, don’t leave your cupcakes in them to cool. The heat in the pan will cause them to continue cooking and will dry them out. Gently remove the cupcakes from the pan and put them on a cooling rack.
- Store your cupcakes after they’ve completely cooled, and be sure to store them in airtight containers.
- Wrap unfrosted cupcakes in plastic wrap. This will ensure that when you’re ready to serve them, they’ll be moist.
- Be careful of gluten-free cupcakes. Gluten-free flour can cause your cupcakes to become dry, and this is as a result of it lacking a bonding agent. To compensate for this, you’ll have to add an extra egg to the recipe to help the batter stick together when it’s been baked and to prevent the cupcakes from becoming crumbly and dry.
- Since frosting can help to seal in cupcake moisture, you should try to cover the exposed tops of the cupcakes with your frosting so that they won’t dry out. Remember this tip if you’re going to be displaying your cupcakes out in the open for long periods of time, such as if you’re catering an event.
If you’ve made cupcakes that are dry, there are ways in which you can try to fix them.
This is something you might need to do if you don’t want to waste the cupcakes you’ve made or if you need to serve them to guests and you don’t have time to make a new batch.
- Serve the cupcakes with whipped cream, or with a nice fluffy frosting. This will help to compensate for the dryness.
- Make cupcake syrup. Bring equal parts water and sugar to the boil on the stove, allowing the sugar to dissolve. Then, use a fork to poke holes in the top of the cupcakes when they’re warm and drizzle the syrup into them. This will help to keep the cupcakes moist.
What tip is best for icing cupcakes?
A frosting can either make or break a cupcake, so you want to ensure you get yours done correctly and professionally.
While frosting flavor and texture are both important, how you actually ice the cupcakes also matters.
Here are some tips to get it right:
- Invest in a decorating bag and frosting tip. These work better than Ziploc bags to pipe your frosting onto your cupcakes. A pro tip when choosing a frosting tip is to go for a 1M decorating tip – this is a foolproof tip used for frosting. A good choice is the Wilton 1M. This is popular because it helps you to create a thick frosting swirl. It also has finely-cut ridges on the tip so that your frosting decorations will have great detail in them.
With the above in mind, let’s see what steps you should follow when preparing your tip and decorating bag for frosting.
- Put the frosting tip into your decorating bag, then snip off the tip of the bag. Make sure that the bag’s opening is below the opening of the frosting tip.
- Hold the decorating bag and fold down its top.
- Start spooning your frosting into the bag. Fill it up to around the halfway mark.
- Once you’ve done that, you should unfold the top of the bag and gather its edges.
- Push the frosting down towards the tip of the bag, being sure toremove any air bubbles.
- Tie off the bag’s end so that frosting won’t leak out of it.
Now that you’re ready to frost your cupcake, follow these tips:
- Start by placing frosting at the outside edge of the cupcake. Move the frosting tip carefully all along the edge in a counter-clockwise motion.
- When you’ve completed a circle, start the next one on top of the one you’ve done. You should try to make each circle smaller than the one you previously did.
- Then, end with a bit of a peak at the top of the cupcake to give it a beautiful appearance.
If you love eating cupcakes, you will love having your own cupcake maker so you can make your own cupcakes at home.
A cupcake maker is also a great gift for others, including kids who have an interest in baking. In this article, we’ve featured the five best cupcake makers on the market. They’re easy to use and clean, while being safe for kids.
We’ve also featured some of the most important tips you need to know to make your cupcakes look professional and taste delicious every time.