Best Pizza Rocker Knife For Pizza Nights
You’ve made delicious pizza at home. Now you have to slice it, but what should you use?
You might reach for a pizza wheel cutter or knife, but sometimes these just don’t give you a smooth, clean cut – or you end up with your toppings being ripped off the crust – so you need a pizza rocker knife.
What’s a pizza rocker knife? As its name suggests, a pizza rocker knife contains a blade that’s curved so you can cut your pizza easily by rocking it back and forth.
Its blade is also sharp so that you can cut your pizza within seconds. Here’s the best pizza rocker knife for pizza nights, along with four alternatives to consider.
Best Pizza Rocker Knife – Reviews & Buying Guide
Best Overall: 16″ Pizza Cutter by Kitchenstar
This is the best pizza rocker on our list because it provides you with lots of great features, such as an ergonomic design. Let’s check it out.
- This pizza cutter makes it easy to slice through pizza crust without making your toppings slide all over. It can be used for thin and thick pizza crusts.
- It’s a multi-tasking tool, as you can use it to slice through other foods besides pizza, such as brownies and cheesecake. You can even use it to dice food or chop herbs, making it a valuable asset in your kitchen.
- This is the best rocker pizza cutter because its blade is stainless steel which is also food-grade, so it won’t rust.
- It has been designed ergonomically, thanks to its plastic handle cover so you can feel comfortable when using it. This also makes it easier to store in a drawer.
- It’s very sharp, which means you can put in much less effort when cutting your pizza into slices.
- This best rocker pizza knife is really easy to use. Simply press it down into the pizza, then rock it left to right so you can cut through it without a fuss.
- After use, it can be safely cleaned in the dishwasher.
- Some people have said the steel of this rocker knife is a bit too light in weight.
- Others have said that this large pizza cutter rocker becomes dull very quickly. (To find out how to sharpen a rocker knife, don’t forget to check out our FAQ section at the end of this guide!)
Runner Up: Checkered Chef Pizza Cutter Rocker Blade With Cover
This pizza cutter makes it easier than ever to cut through pizza, thanks to its high-quality blade. Let’s see why this is important for your cooking tasks.
- This blade allows you to cut your pizza without putting in much effort. It’s also very light so it doesn’t feel cumbersome to use.
- This blade comes with a protective cover made out of plastic so that you prevent cutting yourself while also making it easy for you to store the knife.
- Since it cuts through pizza crust really easily, you won’t lose your toppings or end up with messy slices.
- This blade has been made from a solid piece of commercial 18/0 stainless steel, and it doesn’t have a wooden handle so it doesn’t attract germs.
- You can use this commercial pizza cutter rocker knife for a variety of cooking tasks, such as mincing, slicing, and chopping, so it’s not just useful for pizza nights.
- It’s dishwasher-safe for the ultimate convenience.
- Some people who have purchased this rocker knife have reported that it’s a bit too light and if it were heavier it would make cutting pizza even easier.
- Others have said that a hole in one side of the blade of this rocker knife would make it possible to hang it on a hook, making it easier to store when not in use.
Alternative: The Bold Bee’s 12″ Stainless Steel Mezzaluna Knife & Cover
“Mezzaluna” means half moon in Italian, and it refers to this rocker knife’s shape. Here’s what you should know about it and how it works.
- This knife’s half-moon design makes it easy to better control it when you use it to cut pizza, or chop, dice, or mince your cooking ingredients.
- It’s made out of 304 18/8 stainless steel. This steel is tough and resistant to rust as well as corrosion, increasing the lifespan of this rocker knife as well as making it easy to maintain.
- It comes with a blade cover made out of polypropylene as well as stainless-steel soap that neutralizes odors from foods such as garlic and onion. This is great because it prevents odors from being transferred from one food to another.
- This rocker style pizza cutter has thick, rounded handles that are comfortable to use and make the knife more versatile. They also ensure that you can grip the knife easily, such as when cutting and chopping.
- One thing you might not like about this rocker knife is that its protective guard is a bit difficult to get onto the blade.
- Some people have said that the knife tends to rust easily. Make sure that you allow the knife to dry properly before you put on its protective cover.
Alternative: Medove Mezzaluna Chopper Pizza Rocker Cutter
You want to enjoy eating the delicious pizza you’ve just ordered or cooked at home without battling to cut it into slices.
This pizza rocker knife is tough and durable, while also boasting some great features to make slicing pizza a breeze. Let’s check out this cutter’s pros and cons.
- This rocker cutter is constructed out of 420 high-carbon stainless steel, which is the same steel used in medical blades. This makes it durable as well as up to a variety of kitchen tasks.
- It has handles that are easy to grip and they fit comfortably inside your hands. This is especially beneficial if you need to use the knife for many kitchen tasks at the same time.
- It’s been designed for heavy use so you can cut through foods such as pizza without having to work up a sweat.
- To prevent injuries in the kitchen, this rocker knife has a specially designed casing to protect your fingers.
- To keep it safe during storage, this best rocker pizza cutter comes with a protective sheath.
- When you need to clean it, simply pop it into the dishwasher.
- Some people who have purchased this rocker knife have said that it’s sometimes difficult to put on its protective sheath.
- Others have said that the knife is a bit cumbersome to use.
Alternative: Leonyo Pizza Cutter Set of 2
This is not just one pizza cutter but a set of two. What does it have to offer? Here’s what to know about it.
- This rocker knife is a pizza cutter that’s made with quality stainless steel which is both water-resistant and shatterproof.
- It’s a non-slip blade that is both lightweight and ergonomic for comfortable use, especially when you have many cooking tasks to get through.
- You can use it with one hand because of the above point, which makes it very user-friendly.
- Its handle has a groove which makes it easier to grip.
- This knife is actually a pack of two knives that come with protective covers. This pack makes it easier than ever to ensure you have a great pizza cutter wherever you go – keep one at home and keep the other one for when you travel!
- Since it has a shorter length as compared to other rocker knives on the market, this makes it easy to hold.
- The knife’s protective cover sometimes comes off.
- The knife tends to rust easily, so you’re going to have to be careful with it, such as when washing it in the dishwasher.
Pizza Rocker Knife FAQ
If you love eating pizza, you’re going to want to ensure you cut it properly to save your toppings and prevent a messy affair.
No one wants their pizza to look like an explosion! With that in mind, let’s explore some important questions about pizza rocker knives and how to use them.
What is the best tool to cut pizza?
While you might think a pizza cutter is the best tool for cutting pizza, this isn’t always the case.
It’s not always sharp enough for you to get through the pizza crust. This can make you end up with crooked slices or slices that don’t have all their delicious toppings intact.
If you need to use a pizza cutter, make sure you cut the pizza as soon as it comes out of the oven (or when it’s still piping hot after being delivered to your home), as it will be more difficult to cut if the pizza becomes tough.
However, a pizza rocker knife is sometimes better than a pizza cutter wheel. It makes it easier to get through the pizza crust. However, when using a pizza rocker knife you should wait a bit for the pizza to cool so that the hot toppings won’t get stuck to the knife and make it difficult for you to cut the pizza.
There are some good reasons why a pizza rocker knife is better than a pizza wheel. Here are some to consider:
- You won’t have to push the pizza wheel forward through the pizza. If you’ve ever had to use one of these tools, you’ll know that it sometimes takes many runs of the wheel to get a decent cut. Instead, you just have to rock the rocker knife’s blade from one side to the other while applying some downward pressure.
- Pizza rocker knives feel sturdier than pizza wheels. This is because they don’t have any moving parts, therefore making them easier to handle.
- A pizza rocker knife is much more versatile than a pizza wheel because it’s strong enough to help you achieve many other cooking tasks, such as chopping and mincing.
How do you sharpen a pizza rocker?
There are different ways in which you can sharpen the blade of your pizza rocker.
For mezzaluna blades, a good tip is to use a sharpening steel. This is a long rod of steel that can also be used to sharpen a chef’s knife.
You can also use whetstones to sharpen rocker blade pizza cutters. You don’t have to worry too much about how you do it – simply use the same technique as how you’d sharpen a regular kitchen knife.
Here are some tips to follow:
- Start by making sure you have a double-sided whetstone that’s about 1,000 grit on one side and 6,000 grit on the other. This will ensure that it remains coarse enough to get the job done.
- Your whetstone might need to be wet first, so submerge it in a bowl of water until you can’t see any bubbles come out. You will also have to wet the stone with a few drops of water during the process of sharpening your blade.
- Now that your whetstone is ready, you should place your blade so it’s perpendicular to the whetstone. Move it around so that it’s halfway between horizontal and vertical. In other words, it should be at a 45-degree angle. Then, move it halfway again so that you’re at a 22.5-degree angle.
- Keep the handle in your dominant hand and grip it firmly. Move slowly as you sharpen the blade, being careful not to hurt your fingers. You want to move the whetstone back and forth, only applying a bit of pressure when you pull the knife back towards you. This is important to do otherwise you could damage your stone!
How do professionals cut pizza?
When you’ve enjoyed delicious pizza at a friend’s home, chances are they used a pizza wheel to cut it into slices.
This is one of the most common pizza-cutting tools that you’ll find in people’s homes, and maybe you have one in your kitchen drawer too. However, professionals in commercial kitchens tend to use rocker knives.
We’ve already looked at why rocker knives are so useful for cutting pizza, but they are also easy to clean and quick to use, two features you really will need in a pizza cutting tool if you’re running a restaurant.
Can you cut pizza on pizza stone?
If you use a pizza stone to ensure that your homemade pizzas get cooked evenly, you might wonder if you can go ahead and cut the pizza while it’s still on the stone.
It’s best to remove the pizza from the stone before you cut it. This is because these stones can be damaged easily if they’re too hot or cold. If you cut pizza directly on the stone, this can cause the stone to become brittle.
This is because pizza stones are usually made from fragile, porous materials. Cutting pizza on the pizza stone could also damage the pizza cutter, so it’s best to give it a miss.
In addition to these points, it’s worth bearing in mind that if the stone is very hot it will make your pizza maintain a lot of heat, which in turn can make cutting the pizza with a rocker knife tricky.
So, even though it might seem convenient to cut your pizza into slices when it’s still on its pizza stone, avoid doing this at all costs!
You might love eating pizza, but maybe the process of cutting it feels like a mission.
If that sounds familiar, you should invest in a high-quality pizza rocker knife. In this article, we’ve featured the best pizza rocker knife, along with four alternatives, to ensure you get lovely slices every time.
We’ve also looked at some tips you need to know when it comes to finding the best way to cut pizza. The next time you make delicious pizza at home that’s loaded with toppings, you’ll be glad to have a rocker knife handy.